Fort Negley Civil War Seminar – The 153rd Anniversary of the Tennessee Campaign of 1864.
Please join the Fort Negley Civil War Seminar as it examines aspects of the Tennessee Campaign of 1864, when Confederate General John Bell Hood brought the Army of Tennessee into their namesake state to try and capture Nashville and perhaps move into Kentucky from there. Five scholars will offer programs that tie into this campaign from a lesser known aspect. The following historians will take part that day:
- Dr. Thomas Flagel – Columbia State College – This Landscape Transformed: Union Fortification of the Western Theater of the Civil War
- Greg Biggs – Clarksville/Nashville Civil War Roundtables/author/historian – Stopping Hood: The U.S. Navy In The Tennessee Campaign
- Brian Allison – author/historian – topic TBA
- Dr. Bobby Lovett – author/historian – topic TBA but probably an aspect of the United States Colored Troops at Nashville
- John Scales – Brig. Gen. U.S. Army (ret.)/historian/author – Hood’s Retreat From Nashville (Gen. Scales will have his brand new book analyzing the military career of Nathan Bedford Forrest for sale at this event!)
The event begins at 9 AM and concludes at 4 PM. The programs will be held at the Fort Negley Visitors Center, 1100 Fort Negley Blvd., Nashville, TN. This is not far off I-65 just south of downtown Nashville. Admission is free and seating is limited.